This past summer I was able to host my best friends bridal shower. My brain automatically went into party planning mode! Now, I am not sure if this was the best idea for me considering how much of a control freak I am! Both my mom and my sister were a little concerned that I had taken this on. To be honest I was a bit of a crazy person while trying to get everything ready because I feel like I need to do everything and not let anyone else help me. Well, that always backfires and I always end up as a mess.
**Affiliate links present**
Party Planning Tips, Tricks, & Random Pieces of Advice as a Control Freak
- Start early – I didn’t think I would need to, but I was so glad I took the time a few days before the party to make sure all of my dishes were clean and set out. This meant I knew exactly what food went where and I could see the best flow for the entire room.
- Make lists – List everything! I started to make a very general list of the dishes I wanted to serve. Then a sub-list of all of the ingredients I needed to get for each thing. This also was how I did decor or general tasks. Started with a big picture item, then I broke it down into smaller tasks.
- Over plan for food – Now I did this a little too much, but the more food the better! You don’t want to run out of food or alcohol!
- Don’t feel bad for asking for help – I was lucky enough to have an awesome friend who helped me set up along with my mom and sister, but if I hadn’t asked for help, I don’t think I would have been able to do it!
- Nobody is going to know if something isn’t perfect! – This is my biggest struggle! I want everything to be perfect and everything to run smoothly. However, life isn’t perfect so I don’t know how I expect a party to be perfect. It just won’t be but your guests won’t know if something isn’t right, because they don’t know how it was supposed to be anyways.
- Depending on the time of day, will decide if people are going to expect lunch or if they will just want snacks.
- Flowers are a great piece of decor – Flowers are great to add a little bit of color as well as a feminine element around the room.