At the end of the night, washing my face and taking care of my skin is super important to me. Now, there are several different ways that people remove their makeup and clean their skin. Today I am comparing the difference between a cleansing balm and face wash.
- Very gentle on your skin
- Can provide good oils to the skin
- Moisturizing and doesn’t dry out your skin
- Oils remain on your skin after wiping away
- Really can clean your whole
- Removes the buildup of dirt, oil, and makeup
- Removes impurities
- Dries out skin
- Removes good oils along with the bad oils
So, which one is better for your skin? Cleansing balms tend to agree with dryer skin types. I also find that cleansing balms are not the right choice for me if I am having a breakout, as I need to really clean my skin. If you have oily skin you will tend to lean more towards a face wash however you should also consider a cleansing oil.
One thing to remember when choosing which balm or wash to use, choose something organic and chemical free. Chemicals and fragrance can irritate the skin more than it can help clean it.
Check my Favorite Organic Beauty Subscription Box here.