As I expressed before, Thanksgiving has given me a ton of anxiety since becoming Vegan (check out my last vegan recipe post here). Just knowing that there will be limited food for me and not wanting to put anyone else out, I am thinking of a few items that I can bring not just for me but for everyone. Now I know most people turn up their nose at brussel sprouts and I kind of understand there! They aren’t the most appealing veggie out there. However, if they are cooked right, I LOVE them. This is a great brussel sprouts recipe to bring to any gathering.
This recipe is definitely different than how I’ve cooked brussel sprouts in the past, but these are amazing. I swear even those who hate brussel sprouts will love these.
Brussel Sprouts Recipe
2 lbs Brussel Sprouts
4 cloves Garlic
2 2/3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
2 TBSP + 2 TBSP Avocado Oil
Pepper to Taste
Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop shallot and add to sautee pan with 2 TBSP of Avocado Oil. Sautee shallots for 5 minutes or until slightly cooked.
- While shallots are cooking, remove stems and the tougher outer leaves of the sprouts as well as half them.
- Combine shallots, brussel sprouts, garlic and rest of ingredients into a baking dish.
- Put in oven for 40 minutes.