I’ll be honest, I never really thought too much about a body scrub. My shower routine is pretty simple and I don’t like much fluff. That usually means a quick in and out of the shower. My skin is lucky if I remember to put on a body lotion or oil after getting out. To me, showering is just a hassle and not something I usually want to spend too much time doing. However, I do know quiet a few of you love pampering yourself in the shower or bath. I recently got my hands on the Beverly to 5thCoffee Scrub and I quickly changed my mind about adding a body scrub to my routine a couple times a week.
So, why add a body scrub to your routine? After doing some research I found a couple really good reasons to add it into your routine during the week.
- Enjoy smoother skin
- Reduce the chance of an occasional breakout on your neck, face or back
- Help reduce the appearance of dark spots or age spots
- Minimize the appearance of large pores
- Get smoother elbows and knees
- Allow your moisturizer to work better
- Help prevent ingrown hairs and make hair removal easier
- Smooth razor bumps
- Reduce stress
I instantly fell in LOVE with the Beverly to 5th Mandarin scrub as soon as I got out of the shower and dried off. My skin felt so smooth and moisturized. It leaves a slight hint of coffee smell leaving me craving a quick run to my favorite coffee shop for a cup of my favorite brew. Your skin will also feel energized.
I do have to warn you though, this scrub can be kinda messy if you aren’t careful. Maybe it is because I am not the most graceful or careful person but somehow I get this scrub all over my shower! And yes I literally mean in places I normally wouldn’t have to worry about getting product. Honestly, I think this is just my issue as I have never heard anyone else complaining about it.
So now if you are either in a time crunch and need to bring a hostess gift or waited too long to actually pick something up I have the perfect DIY body scrub for you to make! Also who doesn’t love a DIY holiday gift that is actually useful and not a picture you drew yourself.
DIY Body Scrub Peppermint Latte Recipe for Body Scrub –
1/2 cup of coffee grounds
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1 cup brown sugar
Peppermint essential oils or whatever fragrance you prefer
How to make –
- Heat coconut oil in microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften. You don’t want to melt it, but soft enough to mix everything easily.
- Mix coffee grounds and sugar into the coconut oil mixture.
- Add peppermint essential oils to strength preferred and mix well.