Valentines Day is often full of unhealthy treats and lots of processed sugar. Especially if you have kids around, there will be lots of sugary sweet treats. So instead of loading up on all that crap, these sweet treats are all natural and totally worth a few minutes to put together. All these Valentines Day treats have natural sugar but if you are craving something sweet natural sugar is the way to go.
A Sweet Heart Smoothie
This smoothie is so good and adding the vanilla chia seeds to the bottom adds a great flavor. With only a few ingredients this smoothie will be great as you head out the door or even as an easy treat to prepare for an after work treat. The chia seeds also add a great form of protein to the smoothie.
Chia Seed Pudding –
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 TBSP chia seed
2-3 large strawberries
1/3 of a cup of raspberries
1/2 cup almond milk
a few ice cubes
- Mix the chia seeds, vanilla extract, and coconut milk together. Let sit until thick and pudding texture.
- Combine the banana, strawberries, raspberries, almond milk, and ice cubes together in a blender till smooth.
- Once the pudding is thick enough, place pudding on the bottom of your glass. Then place the smoothie on top. Enjoy with a spoon or straw.
These apple chips are super easy to make and can be taken just about anywhere for a treat! Also, they are too cute with the hearts cut out in the middle. I am lucky that I actually got to take a photo of these because I ate them so quickly afterward.
- Slice your apples into thin slice leaving the core intact. You can use a mandolin but be careful as I cut myself making these the other day.
- Use a small cookie cutter in the shape of a heart to cut out the core of the apple.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the slices and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about an hour at 220 degrees.
Who doesn’t love a good acai bowl? However, they can be so expensive and if not done right can be overloaded with fruit juice. When you make at home you can add things like spinach and good healthy fats. You can also make look super cute and take photos to share on social media.
2-3 large strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
a handful of spinach
2 tablespoons of acai powder
2/3 cups almond milk
- Combine the banana, strawberries, blueberries, spinach, acai powder, and almond milk in a blender.
- Blend together until thick.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with your favorite fruit.